Steps to follow
- E-Mail or contact the Family History Center (see contact information at the bottom of this page) so we can confirm that the data is needed and is not duplicating work already being done.
Prepare an Excel spreadsheet to help us automatically upload your data. If you do not
have access to Excel let us know so that we can approve other spreadsheet formats.
- In preparing the spreadsheet follow the example below and use the submit names Excel template file.
- Do not use the apostrophe (') character to in the spreadsheet to indicate a string - just type the data into the cell.
- Dates should be in the day-month-year format without hyphens (e.g. 20 Jan 2004). To achieve this format you may have to create a custom date format. You can do this by selecting the dates, choosing "format cells," finding the closest date format match to 20 Jan 2004, and then clicking on "custom" (below "date" on the left-hand side). In the "type" field you will see something like "[$-409]d-mmm-yyyy;@". At this point, remove the hyphens so that the type field reads "[$-409]d mmm yyyy;@".
- If you have any questions about your spreadsheet, feel free to e-mail us a sample of what you have done and we can confirm whether or not the formatting is correct.
- After reviewing the records, send them to us by e-mail. If the file is too large for our e-mail capacity for attachments, you can mail them to us on a CD. Make sure to keep a backup copy on your computer!
Column Heading Example
Column Heading Descriptions
|Column Name||Column Description||Max # of Characters|
|last_name||Groom's Last Name||40|
|first_name||Groom's First Name||60|
|residence||Groom's place of residence - city, county, state||80|
|county||County of record||30|
|state||State of record||20|
|volume||This column is based on the county's record system||11|
|page||Accompanies the volume number||11|
|comment||Meaningful comments that are brief are included here||500|
|blast_name||Bride's Last Name||40|
|bfirst_name||Bride's First Name||60|
|bresidence||Bride's residence - city, county, state||80|