The Western States Marriage Records Index is an
exact spelling search engine.
It will not automatically
search for variant spelling of your family
names. If you cannot find your family using the
five steps listed below, try changing
the spelling of your surnames(variations)
and repeat steps three and four.
- Search by full name of the bride.
- If your results are negative, search by full name of the groom.
- If you are still not finding a marriage entry, try searching by the last
name(only) of the bride.
- Then search by the last name(only) of the groom.
- Review the list of counties and time period included to make sure
the index covers your location and time. We also maintain a chronological
printout of each county and are willing to search the county for the time
period you need.
- Note: Searching by First Name of Bride/Groom is an option.
- We also recommend using the new advanced
search page, which
can give the option of searching by county.
Start to Search for Marriage Record